What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is the procedure of eliminating stains from the tooth surface and returning the teeth to their original color. A dentist will conduct a one-time whitening operation. It is one of the most popular and commonly used procedures. With the advancement of cutting-edge dental technology, we now offer innovative whitening treatment processes that provide dependable and long-lasting effects. Get it done by a competent dental practitioner for better outcomes.
The enamel, which reflects the natural color of your teeth, can stain, and the dentin, which is the inner surface of your teeth, can stain yellow. Tooth discoloration can be caused by a variety of factors. Although many reasons may be avoided, some are beyond our control. The following are the reasons of discoloration:
– Tea, coffee, wine, and cola consumption frequently
– Cigarette smoking and chewing tobacco
– Fluoride ingestion was high during childhood
– Accidental or traumatic damage to growing permanent teeth
– Aging can also contribute to tooth darkening since the enamel thins with age, exposing the dentin beneath. As you become older, your dentin may come into touch with certain foods and beverages, which can discolor your teeth.
– Certain medical procedures might also cause discoloration.
How does Teeth Whitening work?
-Your dentist will initially photograph your teeth in order to track the progress of your therapy. This is also used to inspect your teeth and detect discoloration.
– After evaluating the tooth, the dentist will begin by cleaning it. He will remove the film that has formed on your enamel as a result of the food you eat or other chemicals. Following this, the whitening procedure begins.
– The complete procedure takes between 30-90 minutes, depending on the severity of the stains on the teeth.
– Your dentist will cover the gums before applying the whitening substance to the teeth. Some whitening methods need laser lights, and if your teeth are severely discolored, your dentist may advise you to continue the treatment at home.
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure aimed at lightening the color of teeth and enhancing their appearance. While it can provide several benefits, it also has certain drawbacks. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of teeth whitening:
Advantages of Teeth Whitening:
- Enhanced Aesthetic Appeal: The primary advantage of teeth whitening is that it can significantly improve the appearance of your smile. It removes stains and discoloration, giving your teeth a brighter and whiter appearance, which can boost your self-confidence and make you feel more attractive.
- Non-Invasive Procedure: Teeth whitening is a non-invasive procedure that does not require any surgery or tooth extraction. It typically involves the application of a whitening agent to the teeth or the use of specialized whitening products such as strips or trays.
- Quick Results: Teeth whitening treatments can provide relatively quick results. Depending on the method used, you may see noticeable improvements in just a few sessions or even within a single visit to the dentist. This makes it a convenient option for those looking for rapid cosmetic improvements.
- Reversibility: In most cases, teeth whitening procedures are reversible. If you are unhappy with the results or if your teeth become overly sensitive, you can discontinue the treatment, and your teeth will gradually return to their previous shade over time.
Disadvantages of Teeth Whitening:
- Tooth Sensitivity: One of the most common side effects of teeth whitening is increased tooth sensitivity. The whitening agents used in the process can temporarily make your teeth more sensitive to hot or cold temperatures, causing discomfort or pain. This sensitivity usually subsides after the treatment is completed.
- Gum Irritation: Some individuals may experience gum irritation or sensitivity as a result of teeth whitening. The bleaching agents used can come into contact with the gums, leading to temporary irritation, redness, or soreness. It is important to carefully follow the instructions provided by the dentist or the product manufacturer to minimize the risk of gum irritation.
- Food choices affect duration of results: The effects can last anywhere from a few months to a couple of years, depending on your oral hygiene habits and lifestyle choices. Regular consumption of staining substances like coffee, tea, or tobacco may cause the whitening effect to diminish more quickly.
- Ineffectiveness on Certain Types of Stains: Teeth whitening is most effective for extrinsic stains caused by external factors such as food, beverages, or smoking. However, it may not be as effective for intrinsic stains that originate from within the tooth, such as those caused by certain medications or dental trauma. In such cases, alternative dental procedures like veneers or dental bonding may be necessary.
It is important to consult with a dental professional before undergoing any teeth whitening procedure. They can assess your oral health, discuss the most suitable treatment options, and address any concerns or potential risks specific to your situation.
Teeth Whitening Clinic in Mumbai:
We provide the best healthcare facilities for Teeth Whitening. Our multispecialty clinics are situated in the following locations:
Our Main Centre for Teeth Whitening Treatment in Dadar, Mumbai
Our Centre’s for Teeth Whitening
One can visit any of our branches nearby to your location for the best overall healthcare and Teeth Whitening Treatment. Our experts not only provide superior quality care using the latest technologies but also provide complete treatment along with rehabilitation facilities and post-operative care.